|Event Name||NAGOYA CITY MARATHON 2023|
|Organizers||Nagoya City, Nagoya-city Education and Sports Association, The Chunichi Shimbun|
|Supporting Organization||Japan Association of Athletics Federations|
|Managing Organization||The Aichi Association of Athletics|
Gold sponsor : NGK SPARK PLUG CO., LTD.
Silver sponsor: New Balance Japan, Inc.
1) Half Marathon (men/women)
2) 10km (men/women)
|Schedule||Sunday, March 12th, 2023, starting at 10:20 (Japan time)|
1) Half Marathon (21.0975 km)
|Number of Participants, Time Limit, Entry Fees|
|Number of Participants, Time Limit, Entry Fees||
*1 The time limit is based on the starting gun.
*2 The cut-off time is set due to traffic, security and event operation purposes. In addition to the determined cut-off points, the organizer may stop a runner when he/she is extremely behind in the race.
*3 A separate admin fee is required.
*4 This includes the cost of infection countermeasures.
*5 Includes charity donations. Charity groups to support will be selected from the Organizations designated by the event organizer.
*6 The maximum number of participants includes entries awarded to donors making local Nagoya City donations.
*7 Categories other than Overseas are open to residents of Japan.
(Note) Visually-disabled participants’ and wheelchair users’ companion will not be charged.
[Cut -off Time]
1) Half Marathon
1) Half Marathon
・Men or Women participants (excluding high school students) must be 18 years old or older on the event day and must be capable of completing the distance within 2 hours and 40 minutes.
・The use of a wheelchair is NOT permitted.
・Men or Women participants (excluding junior high school students) must be 15 years old or older on the event day and must be capable of completing the distance within 1 hour and 20 minutes.
* The use of a wheelchair is permitted (excluding a competition wheelchair)
* The applicable age shall be the age on the day of the event
* A participant who is visually disabled and has difficulty running alone is allowed to run with one companion. However, the use of a guide dog is not permitted.
|Regulation||Compliant with the regulations of the JAAF and specific regulations of this event.|
(1) Apply via online. (From the official website to various entry sites)
(3) Determination of Participants
[Open to residents of Japan]
* Applications for “Charity” will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis from on Friday, October 7th, 8:00 pm - Monday, October 10th, 11:59 pm.
* Application for the Local Donation category is as follows. Please enter your name, address, phone number, email address, and the number of people who would like to enter, and apply by email to the address below.
Friday, July 15th, 2022 - Friday, October 14th, 2022 (first-come, first-served)
Apply to: City of Nagoya Residents Sports Bureau, Sports Strategy Unit
[Open to overseas or application in English]
* Applications for “Overseas” will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis from Thursday, September 15th, 10:00 am - Wednesday, October 5th, 11:59 pm.
Athlete bib and packet pickup will be at the following dates, times and place. ＜Half Marathon, 10km＞ Date: Friday, March 10th & Saturday 11th, 2023 Place: Nagoya City Higashi Sports Center Time: 12:00pm - 8:30pm on Friday, March 10th 10:00am - 7:30pm on Saturday, March 11th
* There will be no number pickup on the event day (March 12th).
* There will be no number pickup at any other time than the mentioned above.
* A valid ID must be presented at number pickup. (Only participants is allowed to number pickup)
* As an infection prevention measure, specific dates and times may be designated for pick up.
>Half Marathon (Awards venue :Shirakawa Park)
>10km (Awards venue :Paloma Mizuho Sports Park)
(1)Overall Men: top 8 finishers
(2)Overall Women: top 8 finishers
(3)Men age groups: top 3 finishers *every 10-year age group
(4)Women age group: top 3 finishers *every 10-year age group
* Men overall and women overall awards will be given based on the time recorded from the moment of the starting gun (gross time), and age group winners will be awarded based on the taken from the moment the starting line is passed (net time).
* Top 8 finishers awarded in (1) or (2) will be excluded from the nominations for age group awards.
* No award presentation will be held for age group awards. Certificates will be mailed afterwards.
* Several of the top-performing runners will be sent to the Sydney Marathon.
A participation certificate showing gross time measured from the starting pistol, net time measured from the moment of crossing the starting line, and split times measured every 5 km will be available to download from the official website at a later date.
* The finish records in Half Marathon and 10km will not be recognized as the certified records by the JAAF.
* The certificate of Half Marathon and 10km will be issued only to the runner who finishes before the time limit. The runner who finishes after the limit will not receive it.
|Inquiries regarding applications|
|Inquiries regarding applications||
[Open to residents of Japan] Marathon Festival Nagoya Aichi Runner Call Center Tel: 0570-550661 Hours: Monday - Friday 10:00 -17:00 [Open to Overseas or application in English] Nagoya City Marathon 2023 Inquiry Desk E-mail: email@example.com Hours: Monday - Friday 10:00 -17:00 (Japan time)
The organizer, in recognition of the importance of protecting personal information, abides by all laws and ordinances concerning the protection of personal information and adheres to the organizer personal information protection policy when handling personal information. The organizer may use personal information for the purposes of delivering better services to the participants. Information may be used in connection with the preparation and delivery of the race guide, results notifications, notifications of other relevant information, and the delivery of services by event sponsors, support organizations and their affiliates, in addition to results (rankings) announcements. The organizer or its representatives may contact participants to confirm information stated in their application forms.
(1) All participants are advised to be well prepared for the race. The preparation includes a physical check-up and sufficient training before the race.
(2) Personal belongings of participants in the half marathon and 10km will be transferred from the start area to the finish area by the organizer. Size limit will be applied. The arrival may be delayed depending on the traffic conditions.
(3) No designs, logos or trademarks associated with corporate and product names may be worn or displayed for publicity purposes at the event site including the race course. No banners or message boards containing any arguments or advertisements are allowed.
(4) The organizer may authorize third parties to sell photographs and others.
(5) In addition to the above, participants must follow instructions given by the organizer with respect to any matters regarding the event.
|Guidelines for participants’ attire while running|
|Guidelines for participants’ attire while running||
Upon entry to the race participants are requested to comply and agree with the following guidelines. The organizer does not permit any participants to run in a costume that is in violation of the event rules, other laws and regulations, or public order and morals, as well as the prohibitions specified in the following examples (1) to (11). If any of these is applicable to a participant, the organizer may not allow the participant to join the race or may keep the participant from continuing to run even after the race has already started. When applying for entry it is understood that participants have agreed that objections to these rules shall not be accepted.
(1) Dressed in clothing or wearing gear that may be dangerous to other runners as it may hurt them or cause a fall. Running with the whole part of the face covered.
・Dressed in clothing that may hurt other runners due to body contact such as those with swords or sticks attached, armored clothing, riveted clothing, full-body animal suit, etc.
・Carrying or shouldering larger items longer than 30 cm such as a banner or a flag.
・Long skirts or kimono that may cause a fall.
・Running in tandem or in a manner that may be obstructive to other runners.
(2) Dressed inappropriately for a sports event or in clothing that is unpleasant to other runners or spectators.
・Being naked or wearing underwear that appears nearly naked.
・Costumes that suggest nudity.
(3) Clothing for the purpose of political or religious assertions or propaganda, as well as advertising.
・Dressed with a sash showing the name of a political party or in clothes with political and religious assertions printed on them.
・Costumes that imitate a politician or religious leader.
(4) Clothing for the purpose of promoting or advertising an individual name, a specified region or an organization that the event organizer does not acknowledge.
(5) Use of articles that could cause other runners to mistakenly recognize as a starting signal and cause confusion to the management of the race (such as lighting equipment that produces bright or flashing lights, whistles or horns, and fireworks that produces blasting or explosive sounds) or devices with a strong volume of sound that could disturb other runners.
(6) Acts that cause a delay to the race such as dancing, performing, playing instruments, or standing near the starting or finish lines, or in the streets along the course.
(7) Soliciting monetary contributions, signatures, etc.
(8) Preventing emergency vehicle and pedestrians from crossing the course at certain points, when and where they are allowed to do so.
(9) Dressed in clothing that may cause difficulty in anti-terrorism measures.
(10) Dressed in clothing that may cause difficulty in use of AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and medical equipment.
(11) Occurrence of issues other than those provided in numbers 1 to 10 that the organizer judges inappropriate to the race.
|Terms of application (Participants must agree to the following terms of application.)|
|Terms of application (Participants must agree to the following terms of application.)||
*Please be sure to check the details of the "Important: Infection Countermeasures against COVID-19" section in these guidelines.
(1)Applicants must understand and agree to the Participation Guidelines. Change in the race category, cancellation, or refund of the entry fee for personal reasons is not permitted after application.
(2)An individual can apply once only.
(3)Application for both the Half Marathon and 10km is not permitted. Also simultaneous participation of the Nagoya Women’s Marathon is not permitted.
(4)Declaration of false age, gender, or records is prohibited. An unregistered individual is not permitted to run in place of a registered applicant. An individual or group that is discovered to have committed such acts of dishonesty will be disqualified and may be banned from future events.
(5)An applicant can neither assign a person to run in his/her place nor transfer the right to run. Any applicant who is discovered to have committed such an act will be disqualified and the organizer will not make any compensation in such a case.
(6)In the case where any of the above (2), (3), (4), and (5) applies, the entry fee will not be refunded.
(7)Minors must apply with the consent of their guardian.
(8)Information provided at the time of application cannot be amended, altered, or cancelled. If there is a problem with the registered information, the Secretariat may contact an applicant by e-mail or phone.
(9)Phone inquiries to the Runner Inquiries Desk or the Secretariat regarding the application status are not accepted.
(10)The organizer will not be responsible for any late application attributable to Internet connection problems.
(11)The application of an applicant who fails to pay the entry fee prior to the designated date will be automatically cancelled.
(12)In case of cancellation as a result of the course becoming impassable due to snowfall, flooding caused by heavy rains, damage to buildings, etc. caused by strong winds, lightning strikes, tornadoes, fire spreading from buildings surrounding the course, etc., or cancellation due to an earthquake occurred in Japan, only the entry fee will be refunded. No refund will be given in the event of any other cancellation or cutback to the scale of the race. The provisions for switching to an online marathon are as described in Section ③ under “Important: Infection Countermeasures against COVID-19” in these guidelines.
(13)The organizer will not be responsible for any delay in arrival to the event due to public transportation or traffic conditions.
(14)The organizer will hold the portrait rights and the rights to publish the event’s images, pictures, articles, records, location information, applicants’ names, age, birth date, addresses (country/prefecture/municipality name) in TV, newspapers, magazines, and websites.
(15)If a runner gets injured or ill during the event, the organizer will provide first-aid for him/her and, if needed, arrange for emergency transportation. In such a case, the organizer will provide the runner’s name, address, and contact information to the medical institution and emergency responders. A runner will agree in advance that if he/she is taken to a hospital, the organizer can request the hospital to disclose his/her healthcare status.
(16)The organizer will not be responsible for any injury, sickness, loss of personal belongings, or accident during the event beyond the administration of emergency first-aid relief unless such is caused by the organizer’s intention or gross negligence. However, in the case of slight negligence on behalf of the organizer, the organizer will be liable up to the insured amount.
(17)The organizer will handle the personal information of participants in accordance with the laws and regulations related to personal information protection. A runner will agree in advance that the organizer can use the personal information for the purposes of inviting participants, notifying records, providing related information, offering services from sponsors, supporters, and concerned organizations, publicizing records (ranking), and others, in order to provide better services to participants.
(18)The event will be carried out in accordance with all relevant laws of Japan.
(19)The event will be carried out in accordance with the abovementioned terms of application and other race regulations set forth by the organizer.
Important: Infection Countermeasures against COVID-19
Please read and understand the following information before applying. (1) Infection countermeasures in place at the Marathon The Marathon will devise and put in place infection countermeasures (submission of health check sheet records, infection testing, temperature checks on the day of the event, etc.) as appropriate, with reference to the precautions against infectious diseases issued by the government, the Japan Sports Agency, and the Japan Association of Athletics Federations. Runners with elevated body temperature or who do not meet the Marathon’s participation criteria may be refused admission to the venue or participation in the race. In this case, the entry fee will not be refunded. *As soon as they are formulated, specific participation criteria will be announced on the official website and sent via email to participating runners. (2) Participation requirements If runners do not comply with the infection control measures required by the event, such as wearing a mask, disinfecting hands, and other requests in regard to behavior, they may not be permitted to take part. In this case, the entry fee will not be refunded. (3) Switching to online marathon In the event that the Marathon cannot be held normally due to national or municipal restrictions, an online marathon will be held as an alternative event for either all entrants or some entrants (to be determined by random draw), with certain runners invited to participate online. In this case, entry fees will not be refunded and the right to run in the next event will not be granted. (4) Handling of personal information With a view to preventing the spread of COVID-19, and only when a government agency requests us to submit personal information, personal information may be provided to that government agency as deemed appropriate.