|Event Title||Nagoya City Marathon 2020|
|Organizers||Nagoya City, Nagoya City Board of Education, Nagoya City Education and Sports Association, The Chunichi Shimbun|
|Supporting Organization||Japan Association of Athletics Federations|
|Managing Organization||The Aichi Association of Athletics|
Gold sponsor: Nippon Menard Cosmetic Co., Ltd.
Silver sponsor: New Balance Japan, Inc.
1) Half Marathon (men/women)
2) Quarter Marathon (men/women)
<Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon>
Sunday, March 8th, 2020, starting at 10:20
1) Half Marathon (21.0975 km) Nagoya Dome to Shirakawa Park (Japan Association of Athletics Federations and IAAF/AIMS-certified course)
2) Quarter Marathon (10.5 km) Nagoya Dome to Paloma Mizuho Stadium
|Number of Participants, Time Limit, Admission fee|
|Number of Participants, Time Limit, Admission fee||
*1 The time limit is based on the starting gun.
*2 The cut-off time is set due to traffic, security and event operation purposes. In addition to the determined cut-off points, the organizer may stop a runner when he/she is extremely behind in the race.
*3 The administrative fee of 700 yen and JTB handling fee of 2,000 yen will be additionally charged.(NB) Individuals accompanying visually-impaired or wheelchair users shall not be charged admission fees.
[Cut -off Time]
1) Half Marathon
2) Quarter Marathon
1) Half Marathon
・*Male or female participants (excluding high school students) must be 18 years old or older and must be capable of completing the distance within 2 hours and 40 minutes.
・The use of a wheelchair is NOT permitted.
2) Quarter Marathon
・*Male or female participants (excluding junior high school students) must be 15 years old or older on the event day and must be capable of completing the distance within 1 hour and 20 minutes.
・The use of a wheelchair is permitted (excluding a competition wheelchair)
* The applicable age shall be the age on the day of the event
* A participant who is visually disabled and has difficulty running alone is allowed to run with one companion. However, the use of a guide dog is not permitted.
|Regulation||Compliant with the regulations of the JAAF and specific regulations of this event.|
(1) Apply via online.
(3) Selection of participants:
Number bib and packet pickup will be at the following dates, times and place. <Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon> Date: Friday, March 6th & Saturday 7th, 2020 Place: Nagoya City Higashi Sports Center Time: 12:00- 20:30 on Friday, March 6th 10:00- 19:30 on Saturday, March 7th
*There will be no number pickup on the event day (March 8th) or any other time than the mentioned above.
>Half Marathon (Awards venue:Shirakawa Park)
>Quarter Marathon (Awards venue:Paloma Mizuho Stadium)
(1)Overall Men: top 8 finishers
(2)Overall Female: top 8 finishers
(3) Men age groups: top 3 finishers *every 10-year age group
(4) Women age group: top 3 finishers *every 10-year age group
* Men overall and women overall awards will be given based on the time recorded from the moment of the starting gun (gross time), and age group winners will be are awarded based on the taken from the moment the starting line is passed (net time).
* Top 8 finishers awarded in 1) or 2) will be excluded from the nominations for age group awards.
* No award presentation will be held for age group awards. Certificates will be mailed afterwards.
<Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon> A record certificate will be mailed to every finisher after the event day. The certificate includes the official finish record (gross time), the actual time record from passing the start line to the finish line (net time), and split records taken at every 5 km checkpoint.
* The finish records in Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon will not be recognized as the certified records by the JAAF.
* The certificate of Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon will be mailed only to the runner who finishes before the time limit. The runner who finishes after the limit will not receive it
|Inquiries regarding applications|
|Inquiries regarding applications||
MARATHON FESTIVAL NAGOYA 2020– AICHI RUNNER INQUIRIES DESK E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Registration hours: weekdays between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm
The organizer, in recognition of the importance of protecting personal information, abides by all laws and ordinances concerning the protection of personal information and adheres to the organizer personal information protection policy when handling personal information. The organizer may use personal information for the purposes of delivering better service to the participants. Information may be used in connection with the preparation and delivery of the race guide, results notifications, notifications of other relevant information, and the delivery of services by event sponsors, support organizations and their affiliates, in addition to results (rankings) announcements. The organizer or its representatives may contact participants to confirm information stated in their application forms.
(1) The entry fee will not be refunded in the event of the cancellation of the race if the cancellation is not attributable to the organizer.
(2) All participants are advised to be well prepared for the race. The preparation includes a physical check-up and sufficient training before the race. Consult a doctor for any health risk before participating in the race.
(3) Personal belongings of participants in the half marathon and quarter marathon will be transferred from the start area to the finish area by the organizer. (Size limit will be applied.) The arrival may be delayed depending on the traffic conditions.
(4) No designs, logos or trademarks associated with corporate and product names may be worn or displayed for publicity purposes at the event site including the race course. No banners or message boards containing any arguments or advertisements are allowed.
(5) The organizer may authorize third parties to sell photographs and other souvenirs.
(6) Instructions by the organizer must be followed with respect to all matters not provided above.
|Guidelines for participants’ attire while running in Nagoya City Marathon 2020|
|Guidelines for participants’ attire while running in Nagoya City Marathon 2020||
Upon entry to the race participants are requested to comply and agree with the following guidelines. The event organizer does not permit any participant to run in a costume that is in violation of the event rules, other laws and regulations, or public order and morals, as well as the prohibitions specified in the following examples 1 to 11. If any of these is applicable to a participant, the event organizer may not allow the participant to join the race or may keep the participant from continuing to run even after the race has already started. When applying for entry it is understood that participants have agreed that objections to these rules shall not be accepted.
(1) Dressed in clothing or wearing gear that may be dangerous to other runners as it may hurt them or cause a fall. Running with the whole part of the face covered.
・Dressed in clothing that may hurt other runners due to body contact such as those with swords or sticks attached, armored clothing, riveted clothing, full-body / animal suit, etc.
・Carrying or shouldering bulky items longer than 30 cm such as a banner or a flag.
・Long skirts or kimono that may cause a fall.
・Running in tandem or in a manner that may be obstructive to other runners.
(2) Dressed inappropriately for a sports event or in clothing that is unpleasant to other runners or spectators.
・Being naked or wearing underwear that appears nearly naked.
・Costumes that suggest nudity.
(3) Clothing for the purpose of political or religious assertions or propaganda, as well as advertising.
・Dressed with a sash showing the name of a political party or in clothes with political and religious assertions printed on them.
・Costumes that imitate a politician or religious leader, and products.
(4) Clothing for the purpose of promoting or advertising an individual name, a specified region or an organization that the event organizer does not acknowledge.
(5) Use of articles that could cause other runners to mistakenly recognize as a starting signal and cause confusion to the management of the race (such as lighting equipment that produces bright or flashing lights, whistles or horns, and fireworks that produces blasting or explosive sounds) or devices with a strong volume of sound that could disturb other runners.
(6) Acts that cause a delay to the race such as dancing, performing, playing instruments, or standing near the starting or finish lines, or in the streets along the course.
(7) Soliciting monetary contributions, signatures, etc.
(8) Preventing emergency vehicle and pedestrians from crossing the course at certain points, when and where they are allowed to do so.
(9) Dressed in clothing that may difficulty to avoid terrorism.
(10) Dressed in clothing that may difficulty to use AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and medical equipment.
(11) Occurrence of issues other than those provided in numbers 1 to 10 that the event organizer judges inappropriate to the race.
|Terms of application (Participants must agree to the following terms of application.)|
|Terms of application (Participants must agree to the following terms of application.)||
(1) Applicants must understand and agree to the terms of application. Change in the race category, cancellation, or refund of the participation fee for personal reasons is not permitted after application.
(2) An individual can apply only once.
(3) Application for both the Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon is not permitted. Simultaneous participation in the Nagoya Women’s Marathon is not permitted.
(4) Declaration of false age, gender, or records is prohibited. An unregistered individual is not permitted to run in place of a registered applicant. An individual or group that is discovered to have committed such acts of dishonesty will be disqualified and may be banned from future events.
(5) An applicant can neither assign a person to run in his/her place nor transfer the right to run. Any applicant who is discovered to have committed such an act will be disqualified and the organizer will not make any compensation in such a case.
(6) In the case where any of the above (2), (3), (4), and (5) applies, the participation fee will not be refunded.
(7) Minors must apply with the consent of their guardian.
(8) Information provided at the time of application cannot be amended, altered, or cancelled. If there is a problem with the registered information, the Secretariat may contact an applicant by e-mail or phone.
(9) Phone inquiries to the Entry Center or the Secretariat regarding the application status are not accepted.
(10) The organizer will not be responsible for any late application attributable to Internet connection problems.
(11) The application of an applicant who fails to pay the participation fee prior to the designated date will be automatically cancelled.
(12) In case the event is cancelled due to earthquake, windstorm, flood, snow, accidents, or diseases, the participation fee will not be refunded.
(13) The organizer will not be responsible for any delay in arrival to the event and necessary registration procedures due to public transportation or traffic conditions.
(14) The organizer will hold the portrait rights and the rights to publish the event’s images, pictures, articles, records, location information, applicants’ names, age, birth date, addresses (country/prefecture/municipality name) in TV, newspapers, magazines, and websites.
(15) If a runner gets injured or ill during the event, the organizer will provide first-aid for him/her and, if needed, arrange for emergency transportation. In such a case, the organizer will provide the runner’s name, address, and contact information to the medical institution and emergency responders. A runner will agree in advance that if he/she is taken to a hospital, the organizer can request the hospital to disclose his/her healthcare status.
(16) The organizer will not be responsible for any injury, sickness, loss of personal belongings, or accident during the event unless such is caused by the administration of emergency first-aid relief and the organizer’s intention or gross negligence.
(17) The organizer will handle the personal information of participants in accordance with the laws and regulations related to personal information protection. A runner will agree in advance that the organizer can use the personal information for the purposes of inviting participants, notifying records, providing related information, offering services from sponsors, supporters, and concerned organizations, publicizing records (ranking), and others, in order to provide better services to participants.
(18) The event will be carried out in accordance with all relevant laws of Japan.
(19) The event will be carried out in accordance with the abovementioned terms of application and other race regulations set forth by the organizer.