|Event Title||Nagoya City Marathon 2019|
|Organizers||Nagoya City, Nagoya City Board of Education, Nagoya City Education and Sports Association, The Chunichi Shimbun|
|Co-Organizers||Aichi Prefecture, Aichi Prefectural Board of Education|
|Supporting Organization||Japan Association of Athletics Federations|
|Managing Organization||The Aichi Association of Athletics|
Gold sponsor: Nippon Menard Cosmetic Co., Ltd.
Silver sponsor: New Balance Japan, Inc.
1) Half Marathon (men/women)
2) Quarter Marathon (men/women)
<Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon>
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, starting at 10:20
1) Half Marathon (21.0975 km) Nagoya Dome to Shirakawa Park (Japan Association of Athletics Federations and IAAF/AIMS-certified course)
2) Quarter Marathon (10.5 km) Nagoya Dome to Paloma Mizuho Stadium
|Number of Participants, Time Limit, Admission fee|
|Number of Participants, Time Limit, Admission fee||
*1 The time limit is based on the starting gun.
*2 The cut-off time is set due to traffic, security and event operation purposes. In addition to the determined cut-off points, the organizer may stop a runner when she is extremely behind in the race.
*3 The administrative fee of 600 yen and JTB handling fee of 2,000 yen will be additionally charged.(NB) Individuals accompanying visually-impaired or wheelchair users shall not be charged admission fees.
[Cut -off Time]
1) Half Marathon
2) Quarter Marathon
1) Half Marathon
・*Male or female participants (excluding high school students) must be 18 years old or older and must be capable of completing the distance within 2 hours and 40 minutes.
・The use of a wheelchair is NOT permitted.
2) Quarter Marathon
・*Male or female participants (excluding junior high school students) must be 15 years old or older on the event day and must be capable of completing the distance within 1 hour and 20 minutes.
・The use of a wheelchair is permitted (excluding a competition wheelchair)
* The applicable age shall be the age on the day of the event
* A participant who is visually disabled and has difficulty running alone is allowed to run with one companion. However, the use of a guide dog is not permitted.
|Regulation||Compliant with the regulations of the JAAF and specific regulations of this event.|
(1) Apply via online.
(3) Selection of participants:
Number bib and packet pickup will be at the following dates, times and place. <Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon> Date: Friday, March 8th & Saturday 9th, 2019 Place: Nagoya City Higashi Sports Center Time: 12:00- 20:30 on Friday, March 8th 10:00- 19:30 on Saturday, March 9th
*There will be no number pickup on the event day (March 10th) or any other time than the mentioned above.
>Half Marathon (Awards venue:Shirakawa Park)
>Quarter Marathon (Awards venue:Paloma Mizuho Stadium)
(1)Overall Men: top 8 finishers
(2)Overall Female: top 8 finishers
(3) Men age groups: top 3 finishers *every 10-year age group
(4) Women age group: top 3 finishers *every 10-year age group
* Men overall and women overall awards will be given based on the time recorded from the moment of the starting gun (gross time), and age group winners will be are awarded based on the taken from the moment the starting line is passed (net time).
* Top 8 finishers awarded in 1) or 2) will be excluded from the nominations for age group awards.
* No award presentation will be held for age group awards. Certificates will be mailed afterwards.
<Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon> A record certificate will be mailed to every finisher after the event day. The certificate includes the official finish record (gross time), the actual time record from passing the start line to the finish line (net time), and split records taken at every 5 km checkpoint.
* The finish records in Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon will not be recognized as the certified records by the JAAF.
* The certificate of Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon will be mailed only to the runner who finishes before the time limit. The runner who finishes after the limit will not receive it
|Inquiries regarding applications|
|Inquiries regarding applications||
MARATHON FESTIVAL NAGOYA – AICHI RUNNER INQUIRIES DESK E-mail: email@example.com Registration hours: weekdays between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm
The organizer, in recognition of the importance of protecting personal information, abides by all laws and ordinances concerning the protection of personal information and adheres to the organizer personal information protection policy when handling personal information. The organizer may use personal information for the purposes of delivering better service to the participants. Information may be used in connection with the preparation and delivery of the race guide, results notifications, notifications of other relevant information, and the delivery of services by event sponsors, support organizations and their affiliates, in addition to results (rankings) announcements. The organizer or its representatives may contact participants to confirm information stated in their application forms.
(1) The entry fee will not be refunded in the event of the cancellation of the race if the cancellation is not attributable to the organizer.
(2) All participants are advised to be well prepared for the race. The preparation includes a physical check-up and sufficient training before the race. Consult a doctor for any health risk before participating in the race.
(3) Personal belongings of participants in the half marathon and quarter marathon will be transferred from the start area to the finish area by the organizer. (Size limit will be applied.) The arrival may be delayed depending on the traffic conditions.
(4) The organizer will not be responsible in case that a participant arrives late for the event and necessary registration procedures because of traffic conditions and delay in public transportation.
(5) No designs, logos or trademarks associated with corporate and product names may be worn or displayed for publicity purposes at the event site including the race course. No banners or message boards containing any arguments or advertisements are allowed.
(6) The organizer may authorize third parties to sell photographs and other souvenirs.
(7) Instructions by the organizer must be followed with respect to all matters not provided above.
|Instructions on Application|
|Instructions on Application||
(1) All multiple applications for one event by the same individual will not be considered as valid at all.
(2) Applying for both Nagoya Women’s Marathon and Nagoya City Marathon (Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon) is prohibited. Every applicant can only apply for one event. Double entries discovered will be disqualified.
(3) Declaration of false age, gender or personal information is prohibited. The unregistered individual is not allowed to run in place of the registered applicant. An individual or group that is discovered to have violated the regulation not only will be disqualified from the event but also may be banned from future events.
(4) Neither a replacement runner nor an assignment of the right to run is allowed. A violation will result in disqualification and the organizer will not make any compensation or refund for the fees paid.
(5) Entry fees paid will not be refunded in case of violations of (1), (2), (3) and (4).
(6) An under-age application (under 20 years of age) must be accompanied with his / her legal guardian consent.
(7) No cancellation of entries, or alteration / amendment of information provided by applicants are permitted. The organizer Secretariat may contact an applicant by phone or e-mail, only if there is any problem regarding the registered information.
(8) No phone inquiry to the Entry Center or the Secretariat regarding the application status may be accepted.
(9) The organizer will not be responsible for late arrival of entry applications attributable to the Internet connection problems.
|Guidelines for participants’ attire while running in Nagoya City Marathon 2018|
|Guidelines for participants’ attire while running in Nagoya City Marathon 2018||
Upon entry to the race participants are requested to comply and agree with the following guidelines. The event organizer does not permit any participant to run in a costume that is in violation of the event rules, other laws and regulations, or public order and morals, as well as the prohibitions specified in the following examples 1 to 11. If any of these is applicable to a participant, the event organizer may not allow the participant to join the race or may keep the participant from continuing to run even after the race has already started. When applying for entry it is understood that participants have agreed that objections to these rules shall not be accepted.
(1) Dressed in clothing or wearing gear that may be dangerous to other runners as it may hurt them or cause a fall. Running with the whole part of the face covered.
・Dressed in clothing that may hurt other runners due to body contact such as those with swords or sticks attached, armored clothing, riveted clothing, full-body / animal suit, etc.
・Carrying or shouldering bulky items longer than 30 cm such as a banner or a flag.
・Long skirts or kimono that may cause a fall.
・Running in tandem or in a manner that may be obstructive to other runners.
(2) Dressed inappropriately for a sports event or in clothing that is unpleasant to other runners or spectators.
・Being naked or wearing underwear that appears nearly naked.
・Costumes that suggest nudity.
(3) Clothing for the purpose of political or religious assertions or propaganda, as well as advertising.
・Dressed with a sash showing the name of a political party or in clothes with political and religious assertions printed on them.
・Costumes that imitate a politician or religious leader, and products.
(4) Clothing for the purpose of promoting or advertising an individual name, a specified region or an organization that the event organizer does not acknowledge.
(5) Use of articles that could cause other runners to mistakenly recognize as a starting signal and cause confusion to the management of the race (such as lighting equipment that produces bright or flashing lights, whistles or horns, and fireworks that produces blasting or explosive sounds) or devices with a strong volume of sound that could disturb other runners.
(6) Acts that cause a delay to the race such as dancing, performing, playing instruments, or standing near the starting or finish lines, or in the streets along the course.
(7) Soliciting monetary contributions, signatures, etc.
(8) Preventing emergency vehicle and pedestrians from crossing the course at certain points, when and where they are allowed to do so.
(9) Dressed in clothing that may difficulty to avoid terrorism.
(10) Dressed in clothing that may difficulty to use AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and medical equipment.
(11) Occurrence of issues other than those provided in numbers 1 to 10 that the event organizer judges inappropriate to the race.
|Agreement Concerning the Application (When applying to take part in the competition, participants shall have to agree to the following terms and conditions before applying)|
|Agreement Concerning the Application (When applying to take part in the competition, participants shall have to agree to the following terms and conditions before applying)||
(1) Submissions of the application will assume understanding and agreement upon all terms and conditions of the event. Once the application form is submitted, neither cancellation, change in the race category, nor refund may be made for any personal reason.
(2) Entry fees will not be refunded in the event of the cancellation of the race due to earthquakes, storms, floods, snow, accidents, or epidemic diseases.
(3) The organizer shall not be held responsible for any sickness, loss of personal belongings, or any other accident beyond the administration of emergency first-aid relief.
(4) All rights associated with the use of any videos, photographs, articles and records related to the event, including the names, age and addresses (country, prefecture or city) of participants and their likeness for coverage by TV, newspapers, magazines or the Internet, and all rights associated with the publicity based on the use thereof, shall belong to the organizer.
(5) The organizer shall handle the privacy information of the participants in accordance with the laws and regulations concerning privacy information protection.
(6) The event will be carried out in accordance with all relevant laws of Japan.
(7) The organizer shall conform to all race regulations in addition to this agreement.